Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is the successor to the Galaxy Note 7 which was not so well received last year due to the many issues it had. Samsung mobile hopes to regain the lost glory of the Galaxy Note series which suffered immensely due to the negatice headlines about the galaxy note 7. Today we’re going to be writing on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 specifications and price. Read on and enjoy.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a powerful device featuring a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED Display with 1440 x 2960 pixels resolution and a pixel density of 521ppi. This phone is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 6GB of RAM. Storage is handled by a 64GB , 128GB or 256GB inbuilt memory with option to expand using a microSD card up to 256GB.
See promotional video:
<iframe width=”640″ height=”390″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/RKYjdTiMkXM” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs :
GENERAL INFORMATION :
- Announced : August 2017
- Available : Coming Soon , Expected Sept 2017
- Sim : Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Platform : Android Operating System (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
- Fingerprint : Yes
- Water Resistant : Yes
- Dust Resistant : Yes
- Stylus Pen : Available
- Intelligent Digital Assistant : Bixby, Google Now
- Technology : GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G Bands : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands : Yes , Available
BODY & DISPLAY :
- Type : Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size : 6.3 inches (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Protection : Corning gorilla glass 5
- Resolution : 1440 x 2960 pixels (~521 ppi pixel density)
- Dimension : 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight : 195g
- Colours : Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue
- Bluetooth : Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB Port : Yes, USB Type C (USB 3.1)
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Chipset : Exynos 8895 Octa – EMEA , Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 – USA & China
- CPU : Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz & 4×1.7 GHz) – EMEA , Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) – USA & China
- GPU : Mali-G71 MP20 – EMEA , Adreno 540 – USA & China
- RAM : 6GB
- Internal Storage : 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- External Storage : microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) – single-SIM model , microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual-SIM model
- Rear Camera : Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/1.7, PDAF & 52mm, f/2.4, AF), OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Front Camera : 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, [email protected], dual video call, Auto HDR
- Camera Features : Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Capacity : Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
Breaking it down:
- 6.3-Inch Super AMOLED Infinity Display :
The Galaxy Note 8 is a BIG device. We’re talking 6.3-inches , which is the biggest on any Galaxy Note device till date. Samsung devices are known for their superb display and the Note 8 is no exception. The 6.3-inch Infinity Display lets you see more and scroll less , giving more room to enjoy videos , gaming and messaging. Despite having such a large display , the Galaxy Note 8 maintains a slim profile with a body dimension of 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm and can balance well on your hands or pockets. Big ups!!
- Dual Cameras with Dual Optical Image Stabilization :
Dual Cameras have gone mainstream and is now seen as a must have for flagship devices in 2017 and beyond. Until now , Dual Cameras with Dual Optical image stabilization was seen as imaginary , but Samsung has finally cracked the code.
The Galaxy Note 8 is the first smartphone to feature Dual Cameras with Dual Optical image stabilization. The Note 8 comes with two 12MP rear cameras with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) on both the wide-angle and telephoto lenses.
In Dual Capture mode, both rear cameras take two pictures simultaneously and allow you to save both images; one close-up shot from the telephoto lens and one wide-angle shot that shows the entire background. The wide-angle lens has a Dual Pixel sensor with rapid Auto Focus, so you can capture sharper, clearer shots even in low-light environments.
- Wireless Charging :
Wireless charging is not new to Samsung Devices , however , wireless charging on the Galaxy Note 8 is considered more advanced than that of any other Samsung smartphone with wireless charging.
- More RAM & Storage :
The power-packed Galaxy note 8 comes with 6GB RAM for multitasking (switching between apps). In terms of storage , the Galaxy Note 8 is available in 64GB , 128GB and 256GB configurations and if you need more space , you can expand using a microSD card up to 256GB
- Water & Dust Resistant :
Thinking of taking a selfie under water? The Note 8 got you cover. The water and dust resistant capability of the Note 8 ensures non-stop fun no matter the condition.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price In Nigeria
The Galaxy Note 8 is currently not available but is expected to hit the US market on 15th of September. There’s no word on when the Note 8 will be available in Nigeria but late September / October seems likely. The Note 8’s official price is $929 and going by the current exchange rate , Samsung galaxy note 8 price in Nigeria would likely fall within #300,000 – #400,000 for the different storage configurations.